August Newsletter - FLAM Northeast Region
Dear Members of FLAM,
Welcome back and happy start of the school year! I want to share with you important information about our upcoming conference and news about the Seal of Biliteracy and future Northeast region meet-ups.
Save the date!
1. Our FLAM/KSWLA Joint Conference is on October 26 and 27, 2018. Please, share with your PD committees and districts so you can take advantage of the early registration due on September 15. This year we have over 50 sessions scheduled with the latest instructional approaches, emerging trends in language teaching, and world languages initiatives. Our Keynote Speaker is Linda Egnatz. Linda, 2014 ACTFL National Teacher of the Year, is a renowned presenter and outstanding teacher.
Here are the links for the conference
- hotel reservations: https://tinyurl.com/y8u4atce
I look forward to seeing you there.
2. Seal of Biliteracy News. Do you want to know more about the Seal of Biliteracy and how to implement it in your school? DESE is offering professional development on this topic via webinars and you can find more information here: https://dese.mo.gov/college-career-readiness/curriculum/english-language-development/missouri-seal-biliteracy
3. Northeast Region Meet-up! Last year, I had feedback that it would be a great idea to have a meet-up after school to get to know each other and have fun. Saturdays are good too. :-) I am open to recommendations about places in our region where we can gather (St. Charles, Wentzville, Troy, and others). Let me know! It would be FLAMstastic!
4. Finally, if you have new colleagues in your schools, please, share their names and emails with me so I can include them in our contact list: https://sites.google.com/view/northeast-region-hub/share-your-news
Thank you for your attention to this message and, if you have additional questions about registration and lodging for our conference, let me know. Have an awesome week!
Haydee Taylor-Arnold, M.A.T., M.A.
FLAM Northeast Representative and Spanish Teacher Ladue Horton Watkins HS
Northeast Region Webpage: https://sites.google.com/view/northeast-region-hub/home